Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This is somewhat a random post...



I've worked quite a bit on my new 18th century stays, but I'm short one piece (okay, two; I have one I did wrong and I need to take out and replace) of boning. But my mom says she will drive me to go get more after school tomorrow, so all is good. I have pics; I'll post them probably after I get all of the boning in.


Even though I wanted to do stays with the style of the pic here (NOT MY STAYS! EXTANT ONES!) I realized that that'd show through the chemise a la reine I'm planning (don't expect updates on it; I only have four yards of fabric... would that be enough? I'm 5'8) so I'm thinking about using this lovely white silk I have. But although pretty, that is SO boring! Practical. But boring. And stays usually had some color to them. Or at least for upper-class women.
I'm also *thinking* (that means dreaming) about making a little silk dress (I want red!) to wear to my cousin's wedding later this month... it'll be really cold though (obviously this isn't near my house) so I don't know if that would work. I was thinking about boning it... augh but I wouldn't need to do that if I didn't eat all the halloween candy! *giggles* my brother is going to be a groomsman.... the color scheme for the groomsmen is absolutely lovely! Dark red and black.

No comments:

Post a Comment