Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another quick post...

It seems as though I'm doing a lot of these, aren't I? Very unfortunate! I'd rather do ones with pictures, but as I'm exausted and slightly stressed, I'll just give a few costume updates...

18th century stays: I chickened out and decided that I absolutely could not use a polyester fabric for my stays... even if the embroidery on it was amazing. Of course, I'm using polyester thread.... anyway. It would have been more work to use the embroidered fabric anyhow... because the cut, if you'll recall. And it would show through a chemise a la reine if I ever felt so inclined to make one... so I've cut out and put together a front layer for the stays out of this lovely, slightly changable light blue/gold silk. It's really un-slubby silk (makes me wonder if it is part linen?) and quite nice. It's so fine and beautiful! I still have a couple yards left (stash fabric yay) and while I was debating white silk for the stays I sort of thought, HEY! Maybe I should make a caroco/petticoat outfit out of the white silk and the light blue silk! ...maybe with an amazing floofy hat.... anyway. The stays need to have all their layers assembled (blue silk, main stays, light brown lining) and then the lovely (not) hand-sewn eyelets, and then binding...

...in other costuming thoughts, I'm suddenly into the 1950's. Augh. I want a pair of wide-legged, waist-high pants. Like beach pjs. But with more modern material. ...And I am good at epically failing at making pants. Like the shorts I *tried* to make last summer... actually those are partially canibalized for materials. But I want a pair of pants! I'd put a pic on, but I couldn't find one I wanted to post here...

And I want a 50's ballgown...

I know, I'm crazy.

~c

No comments:

Post a Comment