Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Charlotte and Jane =)

Because I am a boring costumer, and though I didn't have much homework today, I haven't gotten good pics of my 18th century stays. I can tell you that they are going, though, I've decided on a blue/copper shot silk for binding (yeah white would of been more historical, but since there are only some extant stays left, I'm sure some lady had stays in my colors. So hmmmph) and I have to do HAND SEWN EYELETS! Joy.

So again, for lack of better post and because I hate posting without pics, here's old drawings of my friends Charlotte and Jane!

Yes, these aren't the real pics of Charlottle and Jane. But they make both novelists look extremely pretty, and in both cases they are the drawings that will immediately be recognized. The drawings that I know for sure are the real people aren't as nice, because in Charlotte's case, her brother Branwell's artwork of she and her sisters was truly horrifying (So.Ugly. and then he paited himself out poorly, resulting in the paiting looking really creepy) and in Jane's, her sister and best friend Cassandra never finished the drawing she started of jane. Though it does show that Jane had brown hair and a pointed face, unlike the drawing below...


Charlotte Bronte





















Jane Austen
Of course, the fact that they were made to look pretty makes me happy, because maybe someday somebody will tweak me like that, when I'M a dead famous novelist! We'll just have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment