Monday, August 9, 2010

again with the manga

Yes, I did warn you that I'm obsessed, so you can't complain.
  
Notice that I gave Gannon fangs, even though his fangs do not stick out in the book.  That's the beauty of this style---I can accentuate whatever I want, and change things around (the most notable of this changing is the bangs on Leah.)
Craven also is quite different looking... less sassy, which isn't that Cravenish, but at least she looks cute.   
Also... sword.
  
Another change is that you can fully illustrate their personality in very odd ways, such as putting a little heart above Zach's head!  
Then there's the old golden method of writing on the T-shirt.  That always works well.  Clothing says a huge amount about the character.
Gareth is a good example of the clothing rule, too.
  
...And now, my favorite, for last, because he's just that good...
  
Don't you love the eyes?  I love the eyes.
  
(I had to edit out Gareth's head *smirk*)
  
...And his bare feet.
 
...how he fits the wings inside his uniform for school, I do not know.  Magic, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment