Monday, July 19, 2010

dazed

I just read books one and two of the Hunger Games triology, and I must say that they are really something.  For one, Collins has an excellent writing style and original ideas. 

At first, I wasn't huge on the first books, but I just kept thinking, and thinking, and thinking about it... and then my mum got me the second one, so of course I had to read it, and what did I learn but *SPOILERS*  there IS a fullfledged rebellion taking place by the end of the second book, and since that's what I wanted to hear from the first book, I nearly punched the air and screamed.  (I didn't.)

Also---Gale or Peeta?  I dunno.  Gale is probably the cockier of the two, but they're rather similar, and somehow all the characters seem sort of flat to me; I'm not sure why.  Except for Katniss, of course; she is the strongest female protaganist that anyone has seen for a long, long time.  Actually Haymitch has probably more personality than Gale or Peeta, IMO, but maybe I'm just not digging deep enough.

Also, the rebellion?  They oh-so-totally need that rebellion, but I have no idea how Collins is going to conclude everything in just one more book!  How is she going to show the aftermath of the rebellion?  An epilogue?

And one more thing.

DISTRICT 13.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment