Saturday, December 12, 2009

um, wow, I'm actually alive

So I haven't posted in like, nearly months, but here's what I've been up to:

No pics, sad, because

1. I'm too lazy to upload them

2. I'm on my little laptop (the one my dad dug out of a drawer and got ready for me, yay) and that has like NO STUFF on it to upload.

Anyhow.

I've made most of my stays by now, I just have to try them on so I can position the eyelets for the shoulder straps. And then sew the eyelets for the shoulder straps. Though I don't expect any of that to happen soon...

I've also made a new skirt--- just like my favorite green one (which I've gotten to wear three times, yay for school-for-next-year interviews)--- it's a lovely plaid of a bunch of different dark-ish colors. I didn't have a lot of fabric, because I got it during the fabric adventure, which means it was a weird-shaped little piece (triangle) but it managed to work... I had to make the skirt an inch or two shorter than my last one, and make the waistband much thinner than my last one, and piece the back... but it ended up working. And it's nice and full enough, unlike...

...my other new skirt, which is NOT full enough for my taste! And the waistband is too small, which I suppose is what I get for trying to get a knee-length skirt out of less than a yard! I suppose I could make it into something else evetually...

And the book! I've gotten a few new fabulous ideas, and although I haven't worked out all the quirks (and probably never get them ALL) it's still going quite nicely! That is, when I actually get around to working on it! I'm an INKLING students (yay to those who know what that is) so the pre-christmas-break work is driving me crazy!

Oh dear, this is quite a long post. Horray for typing away while watching a Christmass-y movie with some of my siblings.

Ah well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh edit. I'm thinking of sewing/wearing more cutesy vintage-y stuff. That is, as soon as can get some adult to drive me to the thrift store... lol I'm driving next summer, tho, so I suppose I could just do it myself then!

    ReplyDelete